The admission process of Indian schools in Oman for the year 2017-18 for KG1 to Grade IX will be online and a new website, www.indianschoolsoman.com , has been launched for the purpose.
- Online registration is mandatory and only one form needs to be filled for one child as system will not accept any duplication.
- A unique login registration number & password will be generated and sent to the e-mail address and registered mobile number as per the details submitted online.
- Registration form can be edited using the registration number and password till payment of registration fee and acceptance of your application form at the school.
- A printed copy of the form along with copies of relevant documents is to be submitted to the relevant school after the online registration of the application form.
- The authorities will go for a random generation of seats. The computer-generated draw for seats was adopted for the first time by the Board of Directors (BOD) for Indian schools in Oman in 2010.
- Preference in any particular school may be given to the siblings of those who are already on the rolls of that school, provided the same school is indicated in the application as his/her FIRST CHOICE.
- Admission may be given by the schools ONLY subject to availability of seats.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
1. Duly countersigned TC by the Educational Authority of the District/Region
2. Photocopy of the Birth Certificate
3. Photocopy of Passport of the applicant(first page, visa page & address pages)
4. Two Passport size photographs
5. Photocopy of the progress report
6. Photocopy of the Passport of the parent
7. Photocopy of the Resident Card of the parents
The registration fee for the application form is RO 15.
ADMISSION PROCESS AT ISD
CLASSES I – V
Child has to undergo an interaction with the admission panel and based on the performance admission will be finalized.
CLASSES VI -IX
The child has to undergo an Admission test in English, Science and Mathematics based on the syllabus of the previous class. The duration of the test will be 1 hr. for a total 50 marks.
The qualifying students have to undergo an interaction with the admission panel headed by the Principal.
Students applying after the first term (Sept-March) should undergo the same process as above but the syllabus for the test will be the selected portions of first term .
There is no direct admission to standard X and XII