The admission process of Indian schools in Oman for the year 2017-18 for KG1 to Grade IX will be online and a new website, www.indianschoolsoman.com , has been launched for the purpose. The online registration form and relevant details will be available on the website from 8th January 2017.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
1.Duly countersigned TC by the Educational Authority of the District/Region for classes II to IX
2. Photocopy of the Birth Certificate
3. Photocopy of Passport of the applicant(first page, visa page & address pages)
4. Two Passport size photographs
5. Photocopy of the progress report
6. Photocopy of the Passport of the parent
7. Photocopy of the Resident Card of the parents
ADMISSION PROCESS AT ISD
CLASSES I – V
Child has to undergo an interaction with the admission panel.
CLASSES VI -IX and XI
The child has to undergo an Admission test in English, Science and Mathematics based on the syllabus of the previous class. The duration of the test will be 1 1/2 hr. for a total 50 marks.
The qualifying students have to undergo an interaction with the admission panel headed by the Principal.
Students applying after the first term (Sept-March) should undergo the same process as above but the syllabus for the test will be the selected portions of first term .
There is no direct admission to standard X and XII.